Sunday, July 25, 2010

Opening Salvo



Every four years or so, the Basque Festival returns to Wyoming. My dad's family is from Wyoming, and so for the first time about three years ago, I went with my parents to celebrate what is half of my heritage. It was awesome. My brother couldn't be there because he was deployed with the Marines, but before he left, we both had our family crest (Basque, of course) tattoo'd on our right shoulder. It had nothing to do with the festival, and everything to do with our bond as family, but it was still awesome to have with all the family there. We ate, we drank, we danced, we watched sheep dog demonstrations and we slept in a sheep wagon. I'll try to post some pictures when I get a chance. Next summer is the next festival, and I'm excited my brother and wife get to go. What is Basque?



HOWEVER....this blog is not all about Basque. It is more about my random happenings and reviews and thoughts put on digits for your visual digestion. Please feel free to comment or give your Basque shout out! Also, check out my wife's blog or her etsy shop. Both are awesome!

No comments: